Repurposed Wall Decor

When Matt and I first moved in to our new house, I was completely overwhelmed with the amount of empty wall space that had to be filled. Between appliances and furniture, decorations fell low on the priority list of what needed to be purchased for our house. As time went on, we gradually began the process of accumulating things that help turn our house into a home. Some of my favorite decorations in the house are items we've picked up at antique stores or off the side of the road. It's typically things that you wouldn't expect to find on a wall that draw me in.


I found this old screen door at an antique store. It's pretty beat up so I only paid $40 for it and can now use clothespins to hang up pictures on the wire.


The photos are easy to access so it's great for swapping out newer pictures frequently.


And because the "canvas" is so large, you can hang items that wouldn't fit in other frames like Photo Booth pictures, ticket stubs, etc. Think of it as another take on a cork board.


Another of my favorite finds was this old barn window we found nearby. The owner was selling it for $25 (on craigslist) so I picked it up with the intention of putting four large photos behind the glass. Once we got the window home, I loved it as-is enough to just hang it on the wall with a hercules hook. As a bonus, it's also great for hanging banners and holiday decorations on.


And I love the look of a gallery wall but they can definitely seem intimidating to accomplish. I had purchased a few different frames at ikea to get the wall started and eventually broke some of the glass. I ended up just putting up the empty frames and have loved the look ever since. This would be super easy to accomplish with broken frames from any thrift store.

So as you're out and about, always keep your eyes peeled for hidden treasures that can be repurposed in new ways to dress up your home. It's a great way to find less expensive pieces you'll absolutely love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...