What's For Dinner? 4.20.15

Hello! We've been having the most beautiful sunny weather in Seattle--it's hard to believe it's only April. When it's sunny, I cook very differently. I want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible (which says more about my Seattle sunshine guilt than my feelings about cooking...anyone who lives in the Northwest knows spending any time inside on beautiful day is sinful). But I still want to eat well, preferably outside, soaking in the last rays of evening sun.

Even though the weather is predicted to change tomorrow (no!), my menu still reflects a quick-and-easy approach with fast recipes packed with flavor and bolstered with store-bought sides.


Monday: Sesame Noodles from Sweet Amandine
Sesame noodles are so versatile--serve them hot, serve them cold. Add chicken. Add veggies. Add tofu. Add whatever you like. I'll serve these with a side of potstickers from the freezer section.


Tuesday: Chicken Salad Sandwiches from Two Red Bowls
Chicken salad is such comfort food. I love that this one trades in some of the mayo for Greek yogurt and adds plenty of dill. And nothing goes better with a sandwich than really good potato chips. Easy!


Wednesday: Baked Frittata from Cookie + Kate
My love of eggs knows no end. Frittatas are my weeknight favorite because they're so unfussy--no flipping, stirring, or worrying. This recipe teaches you how to make a frittata with whatever you have in your fridge. A very simple salad of arugula, lemon juice, olive oil, and shaved parmesan is the perfect side.


Thursday: Grilled Bread with Avocado
We're bringing out the grill for one of my favorites. I'll serve this with a couple prepared salads from the deli (such a weeknight lifesaver sometimes).


Friday: Ricotta with Figs, Pine Nuts, and Honey from Bon Appetit
Cheese for dinner? Yep, sounds perfect for a grown-up Friday night. I'm going to pick up a couple additional cheeses, some olives, and maybe some fruit, along with a baguette and crackers. A dinner like this saves plenty of room for dessert...

...which will be balsamic strawberries with vanilla ice cream.


If you're looking for more easy ideas, check out 18 recipes with just 3 ingredients (including Nutella brownies!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...