What's For Dinner? 3.8.15

After Ashley's delicious looking pictures of her yummy penne bolognese, I'm in the mood to make some of my favorite foods this week. Most of these are foods that pack a lot of flavor, but don't take hours to prepare. It leaves plenty of time for other things...like watching three hours of Bachelor tonight. (Help!)

Monday: Chicken and Corn Chili from Hun...What's For Dinner?
When Matt and I were first married, there were about three dinners I knew how to cook - tacos, spaghetti and....ok two meals. Fortunately, we received several cookbooks for our wedding and I was determined to learn how to make delicious food for the two of us. I became a big fan of Rachael Ray's 30 minute meals. One recipe in particular, the Chicken with Sweet Corn and Potato Saute become a staple. It's simple but has a yummy blend of flavors and sounds pretty fancy too.

Tuesday: Penne with Bolognese Sauce
It was, after all the inspiration for some of my favorites this week. I have to try it for myself. Like Ashley and Stefan, my husband and I are big Italian fans and I'm always looking for yummy recipes to replicate our favorite restaurants. This one makes my stomach growl every time I see it. Yummy.

Wednesday: Chicken Enchiladas from Gimme Some Oven
I'm a big fan of good, spicy Mexican food. Most Mexican restaurants we visit, chipotle chicken enchiladas are on the top of my list to try. I firmly believe that salsa and enchiladas can make or break a restaurant. This recipe looks like one that would definitely keep me coming back.

Thursday: Turkey Bacon Avocado Sandwich from The Lazy Mom Cooks
I love this yummy combination of textures and flavors. However, for this meal I'll probably make a little extra chicken from my enchiladas the night before to use in these sandwiches. The flavors will still blend well and may just have a little extra fiesta flavor.

Friday: Beef Stroganoff with Rice from Anina's Recipes
My family is pretty evenly split on our preference between noodles and rice with beef stroganoff. Although the rice is a little less traditional, I love the combination so much more.

And for dessert...

Hot Fudge Milkshakes by Lulu the Baker
One of my favorite deserts in the world is a Nob Hill Chill from Ghirardelli. Sadly, I live several hundred miles away from the closest shop, so I have to make do with homemade. This recipe is pretty close to the real thing since it incorporates the critical hot fudge into the recipe. To make it a bit more authentic, drip some fudge inside your glass before pouring in the milkshake. The fudge hardens up a bit and makes for an extra-decadent treat.

4 comments:

  1. I will be joining you in the beef stroganoff and that hot fudge milkshake for zack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Tell Zack this is a big step up from the nightly McDonald's shakes. ;)

      Delete
  2. Lazy mom cooks, umm yeah! That caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name too! I can certainly relate. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...