5 Minute Makeup with Hanna

Meet our beautiful friend Hanna. She's a super-busy mom to three adorable boys (including twins!), makes everything she touches look effortless, and is a makeup genius. Seriously. The time she did mine is probably the most glam I've ever looked.


Lucky for us, today she's sharing how to apply five of her favorite products in under five minutes. The result is a gorgeous, natural look that even the most cosmetics-challenged among us (aka me) can pull off. Just watch to see how easy looking great can be--even on the most insane mornings.


Hanna's Fav Five:
Mornings are rough. At least for me they are, and having 3 young, active boys doesn't make it any easier. I always choose to sleep a tiiiiiny bit longer which turns into me frantically jumping out of bed to get ready on time. I always resort to the 5x5 method: five-minute face using just five products. It's fail-proof and seriously anyone can do it.

Revlon PhotoReady Foundation

1. Foundation: Revlon PhotoReady
I have been loving this foundation. It isn't too heavy but gives you the option to build it up if you want more coverage. The key to this step is to pick a good quality (and quality does not always mean expensive) foundation that gives good coverage so you are not wasting time getting a flawless face.

Tip: Use a slightly damp beauty blender sponge to apply for a light dewy finish. Then apply a bit more to problem areas/dark circles. Easy peasy!

Urban Decay Nake Palette

2. Neutral Eye Shadow Palette: Urban Decay Naked Palette
This bad boy is a staple in my makeup collection. It is amazing. You can create so many different looks using just this palette. That being said, there are also wonderful alternative palettes that could accomplish the same things. Just use whatever natural/neutral palette you have on hand or prefer.

Tip: Filling in my brows is a must for me. The color Buck in this palette is perfect for most brunette brows and the Naked color is great on lighter brows. So skip the extra product and fill away using one of those.

MAC Mineralize Blush

3. Blush: MAC Mineralize Blush
During the summer, I love a good shimmery rose gold blush. This is Gentle by Mac. On these get ready quick mornings, I usually always skip the bronzer and focus on a pinky cheek.

Tip: When applying blush, always remember to start at the apples of your cheek and sweep back and up towards your temples. No one likes the crazy clown look. Blend ladies, blend.

L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

4. Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
My trusty Voluminous Mascara. I have tried a lot of mascaras. I mean a lot. And I always go back to this one. It lifts and separates and just gives the perfect fluttery lashes. I'd say my next favorite is the "they're real" by benefit. Also a must-have.

Tip: DO NOT pump your mascara when you go to apply it. I dries it out much faster and can take weeks off the life of your mascara.

MAC Lustreglass

5. Lip Gloss: MAC Lustreglass
I find that people either love MAC lipgloss or hate it. They are a tad on the sticky side, but I just love the way they look and all the fun colors. This is Flashmode, which is a MAC Lusterglass so it's super shiny. I personally love it but use whatever gloss makes you wanna pucker those babies up!

And there you have it. Fast. Easy. Flawless.

Thanks Hanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...