Palomino's Spicy Rigatoni Bolognese


I'm a huge fan of pasta. That carb goodness mixed with rich Italian sauces is complete heaven to me. A yummy local restaurant serves a Spicy Rigatoni Bolognese that ranks pretty high on my list of favorites. And since we're not able to visit as often as I crave this yummy meal, I had to find a copycat recipe that was worthy of the name. Not only is this one delicious, it can be made in about 30 minutes! I'll even share it with you.

Ingredients:
1 lb Hot Italian Sausage (I go to a meat market for this to make sure the sausage is top quality)
1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes
1 can Crushed Tomatoes (I'm with Ashley and like to use San Marzano)
2 tbsp Minced Parsley
2 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 small jar roasted red peppers chopped (drained)
2 tbsp Dried Oregano
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 package Rigatoni noodles

Brown the sausage in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes in juice, garlic, chili pepper flakes, red peppers, parsley and oregano. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.

Cook rigatoni in a separate pot of boiling water. Overcooked pasta is a huge no-no in my book. As a rule of thumb, I wait to pour in my pasta until the water is at a rolling boil. Pour in your pasta with a bit of salt and set your timer according to the lowest time suggested on the package. Stir occasionally to avoid sticking. Take out about a cup of the pasta water before draining.

Add heavy cream to sauce. Cook an additional 5 minutes while stirring to warm through. Add the rigatoni to your sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. In case your sauce is too thick (having to wait to serve, etc.) add a little of the pasta water, 2 tbsp at a time, to loosen it up. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!


Yummmmm. I know what I want for dinner...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...