Music to My Ears: Christmas Edition

As a kid, my favorite Christmas song was hands down, Little Drummer Boy. I wanted to listen to that song on repeat...all...the...time. (That and the Nutcracker suite so I could dance around dramatically...) But I can still remember my parents' slight cringe every time I would ask to listen to that sweet Parum Pa Pum Pum just one more time. 
Now, an an adult, I totally get it. Little drummer boy is the Christmas equivalent of It's a Small World. The repetitive drumming? The overly cheesiness? (This coming from a girl who admits to loving Hallmark Channel movies.) The made up nativity character? "Me and my drum..."? I just can't get on board anymore. Which is why I've created a holiday playlist that is full of Christmas classics, a few fun new favorites, but leaves out the Little Drummer boy. (Sorry all you drummer lovers!) Listen as you bake Christmas cookies, trim your tree or just relax around the house. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...