What's For Dinner? 6.8.15

Because today is my husband's birthday, I've picked a week of recipes for his favorite meals. Is this the healthiest week of meals? Nope. But sometimes you gotta live a little. We love these recipes in our house, and I hope you will too.


Saying Stefan and I love pizza is like saying the sun is warm. Any food based on bread and cheese is going to score high on our list. Stefan's favorite is a new school staple that's become old school: barbecue chicken pizza. I usually add thinly sliced red onion to ours, but I love how this version adds cilantro for extra freshness.

 
Tuesday: Caesar Salad from Bon Appetit
My idea of a great salad is one chock full of different greens, veggies, nuts, fruits, and whatever else I can find to add texture and variety. But like so many men, my husband loves a good Caesar. This classic version takes it to the next level with homemade dressing and croutons.

 
Wednesday: Dallas Burger from Bobby Flay
My husband has a man crush on Bobby Flay. Actually, Bobby's food to be more exact. Whenever we visit his family in Massachusetts, we have to make at least one or two stops at Bobby's Burger Palace for some seriously delicious burgers. The ingredient list for this burger is long, but it's worth it!

 
Thursday: Salsa Verde Enchiladas from Kevin & Amanda
We love enchiladas and this 4-ingredient version looks like a great way to incorporate a favorite meal into a busy week. Using pepperjack cheese for additional flavor is genius.


Friday: Crispy Chicken Fingers from Food52
What is it about men and buffalo wings? After years of me choking down chicken smothered in hot sauce (not my fav), we've come up with a compromise and make a few different dipping sauces whenever Stefan whips up this childhood favorite. I love this recipe for chicken tenders - they turn out crisp, never oily or soggy. Make sure to sprinkle a little salt on each tender right when you pull it out of the oil. Serve with hot sauce, barbecue sauce, honey mustard, and/or ranch.

And for dessert? My mom's blackberry pie! It wouldn't be a birthday in our family without it. Recipe coming later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...