What's for Dessert this Weekend? 01.22.15

This weekend is all about replicating some of my favorite desserts. These three decadent treats are worthy of a trip to their respective restaurants all on their own. But when dinner is prepared at home, ordering takeout for a piece of pie seems a little excessive. (But certainly not out of the question.) Whether walked through by the original chef herself, or a fellow fan, these recipes are easy to follow and the perfect finishing touch to your meals this weekend.


1. Vanilla Bean Creme Brûlée
My husband and I fell in love with this deliciously creamy dessert on our honeymoon. We took a cruise that offered unlimited desserts upon request each night. So of course, each night we ordered a ramekin (or two) each with dinner. Once we returned, Matt went out and bought a small torch in the hopes we would carry on the tradition at home. And although the recipe seems like a lot of work for something that seems to disappear in the blink of an eye, it's actually super simple, just time consuming in your cooking and chill times. Worth it.


2. Peanut Butter Pie with Saltine Crust
I know a lot of people like the sweet and salty combination. But to be honest, I generally prefer my sweets to be pure, untouched sugary goodness. That's why the saltine crust on Pomegranate's seasonal dessert made me question whether the flavors would meld together well. My apologies to Lisa Dupar for ever doubting, because this is one of the most delicious desserts I've had in a long time. The peanut butter filling is incredible smooth and silky right on top of a caramelized crust. Top it with chocolate and you have all critical elements of an incredible treat.


3. Salted Caramel Cake Pops (Bites)
Whenever one of my friends travels to a state that has a Sweet Tooth Fairy, she undoubtedly has an order from one (or several) of us asking to pick up a few. The salted caramel flavor are a particular favorite. Since these yummy treats are hard to come by in Washington, this recipe does a great job of getting the flavors and consistency right when I try to recreate the yummy bite-size treats at home. It includes several store-bought ingredients that make the process so easy, I may even share the fruits of my labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...