Valentine's Sequin Wreath

We have about a month until Valentine's day. This is great news for people like me who are already going through holiday withdrawal. As soon as I take down my Christmas decorations, I'm itching to find cute decorations to put up around my newly empty-looking home. And since I always love a little bling, I decided to make this cute and sparkly heart wreath to hang up this year. It honestly takes less than ten minutes to make and is so easy, a child could do it! 


What you'll need:
  • Heart shaped wreath form
  • 3 yards of two inch red sequin elastic
  • Silver flat headed pins
  • Pen or screwdriver

My craft store only had 2 2/3 yards left of the sequin elastic so I stretched mine out a little more but having some extra buffer will be helpful.


Mark the spot on the back of your wreath form where you'll hang the finished product. Push in and move around a little until you have a hole that goes about a half inch deep.


Use two pins to tack the start of your elastic directly above the hole you've created.


Let the elastic hook onto the bottom of the heart's pinch. Pull to the left of the hole you've created. You can use push pins as you work to secure the elastic where you'd like it to sit.


Continue wrapping the elastic around the form, slightly overlapping each time. You can increase/decrease your pull on the elastic to be sure no white shows through the sequins.


Wrap the elastic around right down the middle of the heart's point. I put a pin right at the top of the point to hold the elastic in place.


Keep wrapping until you get back to the top. Pin to finish right at the bottom of the hole. I like to keep an open spot so it's easy to find the hole fro hanging purposes.


Do another check along the entire shape to make sure the wraps are even and that there aren't any bare spots.


When done correctly, the sequins should start overlapping to look pretty seamless.


Then it's ready to be hung! I love the look right over an antique window or frame. You can also use command hooks to hang on a door or wall. Happy crafting!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...