Nutella No-Bake Cookies

Here's proof I was a strange child: I used to hate Nutella.

Weird, right? But then my Nutella-loving husband opened my eyes to the glories of chocolate-hazelnut-sugar spread, and now I can't get enough. It's a problem.

In addition to Nutella on toast, Nutella donuts, Nutella-banana crepes, and Nutella dip for apples, I love using Nutella in no-bake cookies.

*Taking a break from writing to go eat some Nutella.*



This recipe combines Nutella with more traditional peanut butter for a nutty, chocolately, insanely delicious treat. These are one of my favorite cookies to whip up on a weekday night since they're super quick, and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. Plus, they have oatmeal, so they're healthy, right?

No-Bake Nutella Cookies

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
1/4 cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups oatmeal

Directions
In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sugar, cocoa powder, and milk and mix until combined. Stir in the Nutella, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt and cook, stirring constantly, until the Nutella and peanut butter are melted. Add the oats and stir until all ingredients are well-incorporated.

Remove from heat and quickly scoop spoonfuls of the oat mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (I use a mini ice cream/cookie dough scoop). Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes (or if you're inpatient, freeze for about 15 minutes). Store in an airtight container. I keep mine in the fridge because I like them chilled.

Makes between 18 and 24 cookies.

Here's the printable version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...